Thursday, June 29, 2017

Selamat Hari Raya

This is a tad late but i'm gonna wish you guys selamat hari raya anyway. After a month of fasting, I actually lose about 5kg and people noticed it right away, I am somewhere around 68kg-70kg before Ramadhan, so I guess it shows. 

Kalau korang perasan, kebanyakan iklan raya mesti pasal balik kampung and kesedihan. In my humble opinion, this has something to do with the great migration of kampung folks to major cities like Kuala Lumpur seeking for a better opportunities to provide for their families. Some of them won't be able to return to their hometown and thus the romanticisation of sadness during raya. 

As for me, I personally think that Raya is more than just a celebration marking the end of Ramadhan and beginning of Syawal. The very essence of raya is forgiveness. Which is why we have the phrase "maaf zahir dan batin" right after "selamat hari raya". 

By the way, thank you Penji for personally wishing me selamat hari raya on WhatsApp, the only blogger friend who did that. Haha.

Alhamdulillah, this year masih belum kena tanya soalan "bila nak kahwin?". The closer I got was "Jangan kahwin perempuan semenanjung, nanti susah nak balik raya." and that was from my uncle who have two menantu(s) from Kelantan and Pahang respectively. I am lucky that I have an older brother and sister who haven't marry yet, so the pressure is currently on them. But my older brother is almost 26 years old, he brought his girlfriend during our open house and my sister is in the process of knowing this guy, and I know it won't be long until my turn. But as far as i'm concerned, I'm just gonna enjoy my youth while it lasts. 

So, how's your raya?

2 comments:

  1. awwwhhhhh.. No need to mention it la Kahlil. Malu Penji.๐Ÿ™ˆ Hahaha

    How's my raya? My raya tahun ni marked the first raya I had to give duit raya instead of receiving them. Hehe. And also the first raya I'm able to join a raya convoy with my ex schoolmates. Alhamdulillah best je raya ni. Hehe๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete